Tuberous sclerosis: a case report
1Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, A.B. Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences, Deralakatte, Mangalore-575018, Karnataka, India
DOI: 10.17796/jcpd.28.4.vr18106743j32r18 Vol.28,Issue 4,October 2004 pp.347-349
Published: 01 October 2004
A case of tuberous sclerosis (TS) with classic triad of seizures, mental deficiency and angiofibromas is
presented. The child also presented with self-mutilating behavior, which resulted in the fracture of her
anterior teeth. A comprehensive treatment was rendered to the patient under general anesthesia and a
mouth guard was given to prevent further trauma to the teeth.
K.L. Girish Babu,Kavitha Rai,Amitha M. Hegde. Tuberous sclerosis: a case report. Journal of Clinical Pediatric Dentistry. 2004. 28(4);347-349.
1. Marco A. Duran Padilla enamel hypoplasis in tuberous sclerosis. Le Revista de Investigation Clinical 53: 126-128, 2001.
2. Carmen VM, Chavez OJL. Tuberous sclerosis: a case report and literature review. Rev Mex Med Fis Rehab 13: 89-98, 2001.
3. Robert J Gorlin. Syndromes of the head and neck. Third edition, Oxford University Press, pp410-415, 1990.
4. Bourneville DM. Sclerose tubereuse des circonvolutions cerebrales: idiotic et epilepsie hemiplgique.Arch Neurol (Paris) 1: 81-91, 1880.
5. Von Recklinghausen F:Ein Herz von eine Neugeborenen welches mehree theils nach aussen, theils nach den Hohlen prominirende Tumoren (Myomen) trug, verh Ges Geburtsch 25 Marz, Monatschr Geburtsk 20: 1-2, 1862.
6. Gomez MR. Tuberous sclerosis, Raven press. New York, 1929.
7. Morgan JE,Wolfort F.The early history of tuberous sclerosis.Arch Dermatol 115: 1317-1319, 1979.
8. Gorlin RJ et al. Oral manifestations of the Fitzgerald-Gardner, Pringle-Bourneville, Robin, adernogenital and Hurler-Pfaundler syndromes. Oral Surg 13: 1236-1244, 1960.
Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch) Created as SCI in 1964, Science Citation Index Expanded now indexes over 9,500 of the world’s most impactful journals across 178 scientific disciplines. More than 53 million records and 1.18 billion cited references date back from 1900 to present.
PubMed (MEDLINE) PubMed comprises more than 35 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.
Biological Abstracts Easily discover critical journal coverage of the life sciences with Biological Abstracts, produced by the Web of Science Group, with topics ranging from botany to microbiology to pharmacology. Including BIOSIS indexing and MeSH terms, specialized indexing in Biological Abstracts helps you to discover more accurate, context-sensitive results.
Google Scholar Google Scholar is a freely accessible web search engine that indexes the full text or metadata of scholarly literature across an array of publishing formats and disciplines.
JournalSeek Genamics JournalSeek is the largest completely categorized database of freely available journal information available on the internet. The database presently contains 39226 titles. Journal information includes the description (aims and scope), journal abbreviation, journal homepage link, subject category and ISSN.
Current Contents - Clinical Medicine Current Contents - Clinical Medicine provides easy access to complete tables of contents, abstracts, bibliographic information and all other significant items in recently published issues from over 1,000 leading journals in clinical medicine.
BIOSIS Previews BIOSIS Previews is an English-language, bibliographic database service, with abstracts and citation indexing. It is part of Clarivate Analytics Web of Science suite. BIOSIS Previews indexes data from 1926 to the present.
Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition aims to evaluate a journal’s value from multiple perspectives including the journal impact factor, descriptive data about a journal’s open access content as well as contributing authors, and provide readers a transparent and publisher-neutral data & statistics information about the journal.
Scopus: CiteScore 2.0 (2022) Scopus is Elsevier's abstract and citation database launched in 2004. Scopus covers nearly 36,377 titles (22,794 active titles and 13,583 Inactive titles) from approximately 11,678 publishers, of which 34,346 are peer-reviewed journals in top-level subject fields: life sciences, social sciences, physical sciences and health sciences.