Management of a large dentigerous cyst occurring in a six-year-old boy
1Department of Oral Pathology, School of Dentistry, University of São Paulo, Brazil
2Department of Head and Neck Surgery, School of Medicine, University of São Paulo, Brazil
DOI: 10.17796/jcpd.28.4.d874545922646187 Vol.28,Issue 4,October 2004 pp.355-357
Published: 01 October 2004
A case of dentigerous cyst in a six-year-old healthy Brazilian boy, who had a diagnostic hypothesis of
ameloblastoma and keratocyst because of the extension and radiographic appearance is presented.
The importance of a previous incisional biopsy and consequent conservative treatment is discussed.
Juliana Yuri Kawamura,Roberto Pereira de Magalhães,Suzana C. O. M. Sousa,Marina H. C. G. Magalhaes. Management of a large dentigerous cyst occurring in a six-year-old boy. Journal of Clinical Pediatric Dentistry. 2004. 28(4);355-357.
1. Ikeshima A, Tamura Y. Differential diagnosis between denti-gerous cyst and benign tumor with an embedded tooth. J Oral Science 44: 13-17, 2002.
2. Counts AL, Kochis LA, Buschman J, Savant TD. An aggressive dentigerous cyst in a seven-year-old child. J Dent Child 68: 268-71, 2001.
3. Ziccardi VB, Eggleston TI, Schneider RE. Using fenestration tech-nique to treat a large dentigerous cyst. JADA 128: 201-205, 1997.
4. Boyczuk MP, Berger JR. Identifying a deciduous dentigerous cyst. JADA 126: 643-4, 1995.
5. Daley TD, Wysocki GP. The small dentigerous cyst. A diagnostic dilemma. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 79: 77- 81, 1995.
6. Sousa B F, Etges A, Corrêa L, Mesquit RA, Araúj NS. Pediatric oral lesions: a 15-year review from São Paulo, Brazil. J Clin Pediatr Dent 25: 413-18, 2002.
7. Miller CS, Bean LR. Pericoronal radiolucencies with and without radiopacities. Dent Clin North Am 38: 51-61, 1994.
8. Shear M. Cysts of the oral regions. 3rd ed. Oxford: Wright, pp. 161, 1992.
9. O’Neil DW, Mosby EL, Lowe JW. Bilateral mandibular denti-gerous cysts in a five-year-old child: report of case. J Dent Child 56: 382-84, 1989.
Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch) Created as SCI in 1964, Science Citation Index Expanded now indexes over 9,500 of the world’s most impactful journals across 178 scientific disciplines. More than 53 million records and 1.18 billion cited references date back from 1900 to present.
PubMed (MEDLINE) PubMed comprises more than 35 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.
Biological Abstracts Easily discover critical journal coverage of the life sciences with Biological Abstracts, produced by the Web of Science Group, with topics ranging from botany to microbiology to pharmacology. Including BIOSIS indexing and MeSH terms, specialized indexing in Biological Abstracts helps you to discover more accurate, context-sensitive results.
Google Scholar Google Scholar is a freely accessible web search engine that indexes the full text or metadata of scholarly literature across an array of publishing formats and disciplines.
JournalSeek Genamics JournalSeek is the largest completely categorized database of freely available journal information available on the internet. The database presently contains 39226 titles. Journal information includes the description (aims and scope), journal abbreviation, journal homepage link, subject category and ISSN.
Current Contents - Clinical Medicine Current Contents - Clinical Medicine provides easy access to complete tables of contents, abstracts, bibliographic information and all other significant items in recently published issues from over 1,000 leading journals in clinical medicine.
BIOSIS Previews BIOSIS Previews is an English-language, bibliographic database service, with abstracts and citation indexing. It is part of Clarivate Analytics Web of Science suite. BIOSIS Previews indexes data from 1926 to the present.
Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition aims to evaluate a journal’s value from multiple perspectives including the journal impact factor, descriptive data about a journal’s open access content as well as contributing authors, and provide readers a transparent and publisher-neutral data & statistics information about the journal.
Scopus: CiteScore 2.0 (2022) Scopus is Elsevier's abstract and citation database launched in 2004. Scopus covers nearly 36,377 titles (22,794 active titles and 13,583 Inactive titles) from approximately 11,678 publishers, of which 34,346 are peer-reviewed journals in top-level subject fields: life sciences, social sciences, physical sciences and health sciences.