Pulpectomies in primary incisors using three delivery systems: an in vitro study
1Department of Pediatric Dentistry, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
DOI: 10.17796/jcpd.28.4.j634167443m061n3 Vol.28,Issue 4,October 2004 pp.323-326
Published: 01 October 2004
This in vitro study assessed the quality of pulpectomies in primary incisors using three filling systems: syringe with
plastic needle, syringe with metal needle, and lentulo spiral. Preoperative radiographs of sixty extracted primary
incisors were taken, canals were prepared and obturated.Postoperative radiographs taken in two directions were
evaluated by two independent evaluators blinded to the technique used. Filling quality was determined by analyzing
radiopacity, presence of voids and amount of material in the canal. After statistical analysis, this study
showed that NaviTip system offered a more desirable filling quality than lentulo and Vitapex syringe techniques.
Marcio Guelmann,Monique McEachern,Clara Turner. Pulpectomies in primary incisors using three delivery systems: an in vitro study. Journal of Clinical Pediatric Dentistry. 2004. 28(4);323-326.
1. Thomas A, Satish C, Shaleen C, Pandey RK. Elimination of infection in pulpectomized deciduous teeth: A short-term study using iodoform paste. J Endod 20: 233-235, 1994.
2. Rifkin, AJ. Techniques and materials used in endodontics for primary teeth. J Dent Assoc S Afr 37: 379-381, 1982.
3. Payne RG, Kenny DJ, Johnston DH, Judd PL. Two-year outcome study of zinc-oxide eugenol root canal treatment for vital primary teeth. J Can Den Assoc 59: 528-536, 1993.
4. Sadrian R, Coll JA. A long-term follow-up on the retention rate of zinc oxide eugenol filler after primary tooth pulpectomy. Pediatr Dent 15: 249-252, 1993.
5. Holan G, Fuks A. A comparison of pulpectomies using ZOE and KRI paste in primary molars: a retrospective study. Pediatr Dent 15: 403-407, 1993.
6. Fuks A,Eidelman E,Pauker N:Root fillings with Endoflas in primary teeth: a retrospective study. J Clin Pediatr Dent 27: 41-46, 2002.
7. Mass E, Zilberman UL. Endodontic treatment of infected primary teeth, using Maisto’s paste. J Dent Child 56: 117-120, 1989.
8. Kahn FH, Rosenberg L, Schertzer G, Korthals. An in-vitro evalua-tion of sealer placement methods. Int Endod J 30: 181-186, 1997.
9. Nurko C, Ranly DM, Garcia-Godoy F, Lakshmyya KN. Resorption of a calcium hydroxide/iodoform paste (Vitapex®) in root canal therapy for primary teeth: a case report. Pediatr Dent 22: 517-520, 2000.
10. Dandashi MB, Nazif MM, Zullo T, Elliott MA, Schneider LG, Czonstkowsky M. An in vitro comparison of three endodontic techniques for primary incisors. Pediatr Dent 15: 254-256, 1993.
11. Coll JA, Sadrian R. Predicting pulpectomy success and its relationship to exfoliation and succedaneous dentition. Pediatr Dent 18: 57-63, 1996.
Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch) Created as SCI in 1964, Science Citation Index Expanded now indexes over 9,500 of the world’s most impactful journals across 178 scientific disciplines. More than 53 million records and 1.18 billion cited references date back from 1900 to present.
PubMed (MEDLINE) PubMed comprises more than 35 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.
Biological Abstracts Easily discover critical journal coverage of the life sciences with Biological Abstracts, produced by the Web of Science Group, with topics ranging from botany to microbiology to pharmacology. Including BIOSIS indexing and MeSH terms, specialized indexing in Biological Abstracts helps you to discover more accurate, context-sensitive results.
Google Scholar Google Scholar is a freely accessible web search engine that indexes the full text or metadata of scholarly literature across an array of publishing formats and disciplines.
JournalSeek Genamics JournalSeek is the largest completely categorized database of freely available journal information available on the internet. The database presently contains 39226 titles. Journal information includes the description (aims and scope), journal abbreviation, journal homepage link, subject category and ISSN.
Current Contents - Clinical Medicine Current Contents - Clinical Medicine provides easy access to complete tables of contents, abstracts, bibliographic information and all other significant items in recently published issues from over 1,000 leading journals in clinical medicine.
BIOSIS Previews BIOSIS Previews is an English-language, bibliographic database service, with abstracts and citation indexing. It is part of Clarivate Analytics Web of Science suite. BIOSIS Previews indexes data from 1926 to the present.
Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition aims to evaluate a journal’s value from multiple perspectives including the journal impact factor, descriptive data about a journal’s open access content as well as contributing authors, and provide readers a transparent and publisher-neutral data & statistics information about the journal.
Scopus: CiteScore 2.0 (2022) Scopus is Elsevier's abstract and citation database launched in 2004. Scopus covers nearly 36,377 titles (22,794 active titles and 13,583 Inactive titles) from approximately 11,678 publishers, of which 34,346 are peer-reviewed journals in top-level subject fields: life sciences, social sciences, physical sciences and health sciences.