The central giant cell granuloma in childhood: clinical case report
1Laboratory of Oral Pathology, Unit of Oral Pathology, Universidade Federal de Uberlândia
2pediatric dentistry, Centro Universitário do Triângulo-UNIT, Universidade Federal de Uberlândia
DOI: 10.17796/jcpd.29.3.q2v7t0614278vn51 Vol.29,Issue 3,July 2005 pp.259-262
Published: 01 July 2005
*Corresponding Author(s): Adriano Mota Loyola E-mail: email@example.com
This report reviews the literature involving the central giant cell granuloma. Diagnosis and treatment are presented. The article reports the case of central giant cell granuloma, affecting the anterior region maxillary of a child, whom a conservative treatment, with cryotherapy, helped the preservation of ante-rior permanent teeth germs.
Adriano Mota Loyola,Alexandre Vieira Fernandes,Aparecido Onorio Magalhaes,Marilia Rodrigues Moreira. The central giant cell granuloma in childhood: clinical case report. Journal of Clinical Pediatric Dentistry. 2005. 29(3);259-262.
1. Speigh, PM. Giant cell lesions of the jaws. Oral diseases 1: 6-7, 1995.
2. Waldron CA, Shafer WG. The central giant cell reparative gran-uloma of the jaws. An analysis of 38 cases. Am J Clin Pathol 45: 437- 447, 1966.
3. Whitaker SB, Waldron CA. Central giant cell lesions of the jaws. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Patol 75: 199-208, 1993.
4. Bodner L, Bar-Ziv J. Radiographic features of central giant cell granuloma of the jaws in children. Pediatr Radiol 26: 148-151, 1996.
5. Leban SG, Lepore H, Stratigos GT et al. The giant cell lesion of jaws: neoplastic or reparative? J Oral Surg 29: 398, 1971.
6. Andersen L, Ferjeskov O, Philipsen HP. Oral giant cell granulo-mas. A clinical and histological study of 129 new cases. Acta Pathol Microbiol Scand 81: 606-616, 1973.
7. Chuong R, Kaban LB, Kazakewich H, Perez-Atayde. Central giant cell lesions of the jaws: A clinico-pathologic study. J Oral Maxillofac Surg 44: 708-713, 1986.
8. Lucas RB. Giant cell lesions. In: Lucas, RB. Pathology of tumours of the oral tissues, 4 st ed. London, Churchill Livingstone, pp 259-273, 1984.
9. Cohen MA, Hertzano Y. Radiologic features, including those seen with computed tomography of central giant cell granuloma of the jaws. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral pathol 65: 255-261, 1988.
10. Cohen MA. Management of a huge central giant cell granuloma of the maxila. J. Oral Maxilofac Surg 46: 509-13, 1988.
11. Chuong R, Kaban LB. Diagnosis and treatment of jaw tumors in children. J Oral Maxilloc Surg 43: 323-332, 1985.
12. Harris M. Central giant cell granulomas of the jaws regress with calcitonin therapy. Brit J Oral Maxillofac Surg 31: 89-94, 1993.
13. Minié A, Stajeié Z. Prognostic significance of cortical perforation in the recurrence of central giant cell granulomas of the jaws. J Cranio-Maxillofac Surg 24: 104-108, 1996.
14. Martin JP, Unkel JH, Fordjour I. Preservation of the dentition following removal of a central giant cell granuloma: a case pre-sentation. J Clin Pediatr Dent 24: 35-37, 1999.
15. Roberson JB, Crocker DJ, Schiller T. The diagnosis and treat-ment of central giant cell granuloma. JADA 128: 81-84, 1997.
16. Lange J, Rosemberg JWP, Akker VD, Kolle R, Wirds JJ, Van Den Berg H. Treatment of giant cell granuloma with calcitonin. J Oral Maxillofac Surg 28: 372-376, 1999.
17. Pogrel MA. The use of liquid nitrogen cryotherapy in the man-agement of locally aggressive bone lesions. J Oral Maxillofac Surg 51: 269-73, 1993.
18. Webb DJ, Brockbank J. Combined curettage and cryosurgical treatment for the aggressive giant cell lesion of the mandible. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 15: 780-5, 1986.
19. Bradley PF. Modern trends in cryosurgery of bone in the maxil-lo-facial region. Int J Oral Surg 7: 405-15, 1978.
20. Jensen J, Sindet-Pedersen S, Simosen EK. A comparative study of treatment of keratocyst by enucleation or enucleation com-bined with cryotherapy. J Craniomaxillofac Surg 16: 362-5, 1988.
21. Whittaker DK. Mechanisms of tissue destruction following cryosurgery. Ann R Coll Surg Engl 66: 313-8, 1984.
22. Curi MM, Dib LL, Pinto DS. Management of solid ameloblas-toma of the jaws with liquid nitrogen spray cryosurgery. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 84: 339-44, 1997.
23. Salmassy DA, Pogrel MA. Liquid nitrogen cryosurgery and immediate bone grafting in the management of aggressive pri-mary jaw lesions. J Oral Maxillofac Surg 53: 784-90, 1995.
24. Ficarra G, Kaban LB, Hansen LS. Central giant cell lesions of the mandible and maxilla: a clinicopathologic and cytometric study. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol 64: 44-9, 1987.
25. Cannistra C, Fadda T, Guerrieri L, Vero S, Della Rocca C, Iannetti G. Central giant cell granuloma of the palate; unusual localization in a five year old child. Bull Group Int Rech Sci Stomatol Odontol 41: 112-4, 1999.
26. Ciorba A, Altissimi G, Giansanti M. Giant cell granuloma of the maxilla: case report. Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital 24: 26-9, 2004.
27. Tallan EM, Olsen KD, McCaffrey TV, Unni KK, Lund BA. Advanced giant cell granuloma: a twenty-year study. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 110: 413-8, 1994.
Vol., Issue , Invalid dateTable of contents
Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch) Created as SCI in 1964, Science Citation Index Expanded now indexes over 9,500 of the world’s most impactful journals across 178 scientific disciplines. More than 53 million records and 1.18 billion cited references date back from 1900 to present.
PubMed (MEDLINE) PubMed comprises more than 35 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.
Biological Abstracts Easily discover critical journal coverage of the life sciences with Biological Abstracts, produced by the Web of Science Group, with topics ranging from botany to microbiology to pharmacology. Including BIOSIS indexing and MeSH terms, specialized indexing in Biological Abstracts helps you to discover more accurate, context-sensitive results.
Google Scholar Google Scholar is a freely accessible web search engine that indexes the full text or metadata of scholarly literature across an array of publishing formats and disciplines.
JournalSeek Genamics JournalSeek is the largest completely categorized database of freely available journal information available on the internet. The database presently contains 39226 titles. Journal information includes the description (aims and scope), journal abbreviation, journal homepage link, subject category and ISSN.
Current Contents - Clinical Medicine Current Contents - Clinical Medicine provides easy access to complete tables of contents, abstracts, bibliographic information and all other significant items in recently published issues from over 1,000 leading journals in clinical medicine.
BIOSIS Previews BIOSIS Previews is an English-language, bibliographic database service, with abstracts and citation indexing. It is part of Clarivate Analytics Web of Science suite. BIOSIS Previews indexes data from 1926 to the present.
Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition aims to evaluate a journal’s value from multiple perspectives including the journal impact factor, descriptive data about a journal’s open access content as well as contributing authors, and provide readers a transparent and publisher-neutral data & statistics information about the journal.