A case of an unerupted maxillary central incisor for indirect trauma localized horizontally on the anterior nasal spine
1Department of Orthodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Rome "Tor Vergata", Rome, Via Veio 53, Italy
2, University of Rome "La Sapienza"
DOI: 10.17796/jcpd.29.3.r218911k1155342t Vol.29,Issue 3,July 2005 pp.201-204
Published: 01 July 2005
*Corresponding Author(s): P. Cozza E-mail: email@example.com
The present paper emphasizes the importance of early diagnosis of retarded eruption because of trauma and the plan for the surgical management of impacted teeth. The permanent incisor was local-ized horizontally on the nasal spine and the roots seemed to be in a retarded stage of formation beside of contralateral tooth. The treatment plan consisted in the valuation of the necessity of space to move the impacted incisor in the normal position and the biomechanical approach for the anchorage.
P. Cozza,M. Mucedero,F. Ballanti,L. De Toffol. A case of an unerupted maxillary central incisor for indirect trauma localized horizontally on the anterior nasal spine. Journal of Clinical Pediatric Dentistry. 2005. 29(3);201-204.
1. Crawford LB. Impacted maxillary central incisor in mixed denti-tion treatment. Am J Orthod 6: 1-7, 1997.
2. Gallas MM, Garcia A. Retention of permanent incisor by mesio-dens: a family affair. Br Dent J 188: 63-64, 2000.
3. Jimenes-Rubio A, Segura JJ, Feito JJ. A case of combined dental development abnormalities: importance of a thorough examina-tion. Endod Dent Traumatol 14: 99-102, 1998.
4. Kajiyama K, Kai H. Esthetic management of an unerupted max-illary central incisor with a closed eruption technique. Am J Orthod Dentofac Orthop 118: 224-28, 2000.
5. Brin I, Solomon Y, Zilberman Y. Trauma as a possible etiologic factor in maxillary canine impaction. Am J Orthod Dentofac Orthop 104: 132-37, 1993.
6. Turley PK, Joiner MW, Hellstrom S. The effect of orthodontic extrusion on traumatically intruded teeth. Am J Orthod Dentofac Orthop Jan: 47-56, 1984.
7. Kucher G, Weiland FJ, Bantleon HP. Modified lingual lever arm technique. J Clin Orthod 1: 18-22, 1993.
8. Lambert M, Rothman DL. Unusual impaction of a primary lat-eral incisor. J Dent Child 61: 146-48, 1994.
9. Lin YJ. Treatment of an impacted dilacerated maxillary central incisor. Am J Orthod Dentofac Orthop 110: 406-9, 1999.
10. Prabhu NT, Munshi AK. Surgical management of a labially placed permanent maxillary central incisor after supernumerary tooth extraction: report of a case. J Clin Pediatr Dent 21: 201-3, 1997.
Vol., Issue , Invalid dateTable of contents
Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch) Created as SCI in 1964, Science Citation Index Expanded now indexes over 9,500 of the world’s most impactful journals across 178 scientific disciplines. More than 53 million records and 1.18 billion cited references date back from 1900 to present.
PubMed (MEDLINE) PubMed comprises more than 35 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.
Biological Abstracts Easily discover critical journal coverage of the life sciences with Biological Abstracts, produced by the Web of Science Group, with topics ranging from botany to microbiology to pharmacology. Including BIOSIS indexing and MeSH terms, specialized indexing in Biological Abstracts helps you to discover more accurate, context-sensitive results.
Google Scholar Google Scholar is a freely accessible web search engine that indexes the full text or metadata of scholarly literature across an array of publishing formats and disciplines.
JournalSeek Genamics JournalSeek is the largest completely categorized database of freely available journal information available on the internet. The database presently contains 39226 titles. Journal information includes the description (aims and scope), journal abbreviation, journal homepage link, subject category and ISSN.
Current Contents - Clinical Medicine Current Contents - Clinical Medicine provides easy access to complete tables of contents, abstracts, bibliographic information and all other significant items in recently published issues from over 1,000 leading journals in clinical medicine.
BIOSIS Previews BIOSIS Previews is an English-language, bibliographic database service, with abstracts and citation indexing. It is part of Clarivate Analytics Web of Science suite. BIOSIS Previews indexes data from 1926 to the present.
Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition aims to evaluate a journal’s value from multiple perspectives including the journal impact factor, descriptive data about a journal’s open access content as well as contributing authors, and provide readers a transparent and publisher-neutral data & statistics information about the journal.